Born and raised in New York City, United States, Tara has worked as a visual
artist/painter and performer. In 1994 she graduated from Northwestern University
before moving into a new studio in Paris, France, where she began her investigation
of dream image and memory. She divides her time between Paris and New York, and has
been involved in AlienNation Co. productions and touring since its beginnings.
Recent professional work:
- 1996 "Proposiciones," Galeria Cavecanem, Sevilla, Spain.
- 1996 "The Spider will curtsy and the web will tell the 8," exhibition at Op-Era, Geneva.
- 1995 "We all want to be near Him and the dog," exhibition of dream paintings, Lesser + Frisch, New York.
- 1995 "Sometimes I feel a little like the JFK who had to eat up Marilyn Monroe even though he had a Jackie,"
exhibition of sixty paintings on the subject of the dream, Mairie de Paris, Espace des Blancs Monteaux, Paris
- 1995 "Aficion," exhibition on bull fighting, Espace Montjoie, Paris
- 1994 "La Femme," exhibition of ten paintings at the Maison de l"Europe, Mairie de Paris, Paris.
- 1994 "Passing," exhibition of twenty-five drawings, Kulturzentrum, Eisenhuttenstadt, East Germany.
- 1996 "Lovers Fragments," media performance recreated in collaboration with AlienNation Co. and RU-IN, Deutsches Hygiene Museum, Dresden.
- 1995 "Lovers Fragments," Blue Rider Theatre Festival, Chicago, Illinois.
- 1994 "AlienNation," recreation of dance-theatre/film performance at the Gran Teatro de La Habana, Cuba.
- 1994 "AlienNation," recreation of dance-theatre/film performance during the "Grenzland"-Festival in Eisenhattenstadt, East Germany.
- 1993 "From the Border," collaboration in the cross-cultural performance-exhibition at the Louis Theatre/Block Gallery, Northwestern University.
Performed in "Matsya" (choreographed by Avanthi Meduri), and cocreated "AlienNation" with Johannes Birringer and Imma Sarries-Zgonc.
- 1992 "Truth or Consequences," film short. She also participated in other film/video projects, both as actor and visual design consultant.
- 1991 "Tongues and Sketches," director of theatre collage of David Mamet and Sam Shepard plays, Prism Gallery, Chicago, Illinois.
- 1995 "Le Bouledogue," design of corporate logo, Paris
- 1992 "Company of Wayward Saints," design and construction of commedia dell'arte masks for theatre production, Northwestern University.
- 1996 "Random House Catalogue," two "Paris Review" Covers advertised for fall edition.
- 1993 "Mountain Moving," literary journal, cover spring edition
- The Athena Group, New York, New York
Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois.
Web site design by WebslingerZ