A dancer/choreographer, Immma was born in Barcelona (Spain) where she did her
dance studies at the Institut del Teatre, getting her diploma in classical and
modern dance, dance pedagogy and choreography. She introduced in her work release
techniques (yoga and kinetic awareness) and Alexander Technique. She joined
AlienNation Co. in 1993 while working with Johannes on the creation of
"AlienNation," the company's first film/dance performance. In 1995 she joined the
collaboration between AlienNation Co. and RU-IN to create the site-specific opera
performance-installation of Parsifal in the ruins of the Festspielhaus
Hellerau/Dresden. Currently she resides in Berlin, and in 1996-97
she will be working on several new choreographies with AlienNation Co., with
the Enzo Pezzella Group in Brussels, and with Rubato Tanzcompagnie in Berlin.
Recent professional work:
- 1999: Founding of new dance compagnie INTACTE in Barcelona, Spain
- 1998: Guest artist/dancer with Tanzcompagnie Rubato, Berlin
- July 1998 Codirected performance/technology workshop "Location" at Festspielhaus Hellerau, Dresden, with Medienwerkstatt Dresden
- August 1997 Co-directed workshop on performance/technology at Projekttheater Dresden, with AlienNation Co. and Medienwerkstatt Dresden
- July-August 1997 Featured performer in Before Night Falls at Deutsches Hygiene Museum, Dresden and Schloss Dresden. Chor. by AlienNation Co.
- January-April 1997 Creation of Before Night Falls, a new digital dance work choreographed by AlienNation Co.
- September 1996 Creation of ORT 1 with Tanzcompagnie Rubato. Premiered at Weinhaus Huth, Potsdamer Platz, Berlin. Chor. by Jutta Hell.
- August 1996 Co-directed workshop on physical performance/media at Deutsches Hygiene Museum, Dresden.
- July 1996 Co-director, body work trainer and lighting design for LBLM, a multimedia workshop production created for the Split Screen Festival, Chichester.
- March-July 1996 Creation of Anima Persa with Enzo Pezzella's Company. Premiered at Sant Arcangello Festival, Italy. Chor. by Enzo Pezella.
Featured at: October 1996, La Chapelle des Briggitines, Brussels; November 1996, Centre Cultural Wallonie, Paris
- Febr.-March 1996 Performer for Interesting Bodies, Choreographed by Eric Raeves at the MUHKA, Festival DE BEWEEGING, Antwerp, Belgium
- December 1995 Co-creator of the experimental video, La logica que se cumple, in collaboration with Cuban artists, Alamar, La Habana, Cuba.
- 1995 Lovers Fragments, Acts I-IV, featured performer in film-concert/performance, Cleveland Performance Art Festival, Cleveland; Barber Theatre, Northwestern University; Blue Rider Theatre Festival, Chicago; Casa de las Americas, Havana, Cuba.
- September 1995 Creation of Parsifal, multimedia opera installation, in collaboration with AlienNation Co. and Gruppe RU-IN, Festspielhaus Hellerau, Dresdner Tage der zeitgenossischen Musik, Dresden, Germany
- August 1995 Co-creator and co-initiator in Closed Spaces, urban art performance, Eisenhuettenstadt.
- September 1994 Choreography for Ewige Seelen, Ewiges Land. Recreated for the Oder-Festival, Eisenhuettenstadt, East Germany.
- September 1994 Invited Artist/Workshop co-director, with Johannes Birringer, at Mladinsko Theater, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- August 1994 Participated in workshop/conference "The Connected Body?", School for New Dance Development, Amsterdam.
- July 1994 Invited Artist/Guest choreographer at the Nuremberg Theatre Festival. Created new work with Palindrome Company.
- April 1994 Invited Artist at the Cleveland Performance Art Festival. Created new staging of dance-theatre/video performance of AlienNation
- Dec.1993 March 94 Concept and choreography for Ewige Seelen, Ewiges Land, a new dance-theatre work. Premiered at the "Grenzland" Dance Festival in Eisenhattenstadt, Germany
- Feb. 1994 Choreography of the dance solo Air. Premiered at the Cultural Center Eisenhuettenstadt
- Sept. 1993 Creation of Tausend Kraniche with choreographer Barbara Cleff, Wuppertal, Germany
- Aug. 1993 Creation of the solo Forja in Eisenhuettenstadt, Germany
- May 1993 Invited to the Blue Rider Theatre Festival at Chicago. Featured in a solo, Diamond Hard, by choreographer Robin Lakes. Featured performer in AlienNation, created and choreographed by J. Birringer, I. Sarries-Zgonc, and T. Peters. Blue Rider Theatre Festival.
- March-May 1993 Invited by Johannes Birringer to Northwestern University's Theatre Center for the creation of AlienNation and the cross-cultural performance festival From the Border.
- 1991-1993 Dancer in CHARLEROI - DANSES and PLAN K in Belgium.
- Revivals: Mercuric Tidings by Paul Taylor
Inlets II by Merce Cunningham
- Creations: Overboard by Karole Armitage
Oopha Naama by Lucinda Childs
Das Meer in Zwei Etagen by Joachim Schlimer
Le Danze by Adriana Borriello
Half Wrong by Stephen Petronio
Titanic by F. Flamand/F. Plessi
- 1990-1991 Member of EUROBALLET in Luxembourg
- Revivals: The Yin and the Yang by Imma Sarries-Zgonc
- Creations: Mendelssohn Trumpet Overture by Brigitte Preuss Epos, Tod und Verklrung by Brigitte Preuss Le Sacre du Printemps by Bernd Bienert
10829 Berlin, Germany
tel. +49 (0)30 782 9946
Web site design by WebslingerZ