Ph.D. Students before M.S.
- Andrew Brooks (ECE)
- Yuan Gao (ECE)
- Leo Meister (ECE)
- Mia Polansky(ECE)
- Michael Tsehaie (ECE)
- Yilun Zhang (CS)
Amiri Sani (First Job: Assistant Professor, UC Irvine CS)
- Ph.D. dissertation: Design and implementation of I/O servers using the device file boundary, July 2015 (PDF).
- M.S. thesis: Directional
antenna diversity for mobile devices:
characterization and solutions, April 2011. (PDF)
- Hang Yu (First Job: Schlumberger; Now: startup)
- Ph.D. dissertation: Client beamforming for rate scalability of MU-MIMO networks, April 2015 (PDF).
- M.S. thesis: Beamforming from mobile
devices: a first study, April 2011 (PDF).
Xiaozhu Lin (First Job: Assistant Professor, Purdue ECE)
- Ph.D. dissertation: System support for loosely coupled resources in mobile computing, July 2014.
- Mian Dong (First Job: Samsung Research-America; Now: startup)
- Ph.D. dissertation: Energy accounting
and optimization for mobile systems, April
Rahmati (First Job: Nokia Research; Now: Apple)
Ph.D. dissertation: Context in mobile system
design: characterization, theory, and
implications, April 2012 (PDF).
- M.S. thesis: Context for system
resource management: an application in
wireless data management, April 2008 (PDF).
- Jun Yao (co-advised with Tour and
(Postdoc at Harvard): Resistive
switching and memory effects in silicon
oxide based nanostructures, Ph.D.
dissertation, Rice University, August 2011
- Robert LiKamWa: MoodScope: Building a
Mood Sensor from Smartphone Usage Patterns,
M.S. Thesis, Rice University, April 2012.(PDF)
- Clayton Shepard: Argos: practical
base stations with large-scale multi-user
beamforming, M.S. Thesis, Rice
University, April 2012. (PDF)
- Eddie Reyes (startup): Virtual ring
buffer for camera application concurrency,
M.S. thesis, Rice University, January 2015.
- Chao Xu (Google): Automated OS-level
Device Runtime Power Management, M.S.
thesis, Rice University, September 2014 (PDF)
- Siqi Zhao (Amazon): Detecting events
from twitter in real-time, M.S.
thesis, Rice University, April 2013. (PDF)
- Zhen Wang (Google): Speeding up mobile
browsers without infrastructure support,
M.S. Thesis, Rice University, April 2012. (PDF)
- Jiayang Liu (Microsoft): Micro power
management of active 802.11 network
interfaces, M.S. thesis, Rice
University, November 2008. (PDF)
- Hasan Dumanli (Schlumberger): BeamSwitch:
directional transmission for
energy-efficient wireless communication on
mobile systems, M.S. thesis, Rice
University, April 2009. (PDF)
- Peter Washington'15 (Stanford Grad. School)
- Qijia Jiang'15 (Stanford Grad. School)
- Juliana Gomez'15
- Di Meng'14
- Kyle Xu'14 (Gatech Grad. School)
- Eddie Reyes'12 (Rice Grad. School)
- Ricardo Barrera'11 (Microsoft)
- Stephen Jong'11 (UT Grad School)
- Norman Pai'11 (SimpApply)
- Kevin Choi'10 (CenterPoint Energy))
- Alexander Dobranich'12 (Project: Orbit
- Ashley Herron'11 (Rice Grad. School)
- Patrick Kruse'07 (Texas Instruments)
- Angela Chen Qian'09 (Schlumberger)
- Michael Lo'10 (Project: Orbit Platform)
- Clayton Shepard'08 (Rice Grad. School)
- Barron Stone'09 (National Instruments)
- Lucia Sun'10 (USC Grad school)
- Katherine Threslkeld'10
- Yiming Wang'09