American Library Association
Government Documents Round Table
Call for Proposals
Create an interactive web-based tutorial for government information librarians! See Call for Proposals for details. Deadline for proposals is December 1, 1998.
Education Committee -- Background
Library Schools, Seminars, and Education-Related Groups
Education Committee Web Projects
- revised Models of Government Information Web pages by Debora Cheney, updated 6/16/98
- Clearinghouse for Government Publications Web Sites and Information by Michael Levine-Clark, updated 3/12/98. This Clearinghouse includes:
depository collection development,
cataloging depository publications,
processing depository publications (electronic, paper, microfiche),
training and supervising depository library staff,
issues in providing user access to electronic government pubications,
how to comply with Federal Depository Library Program Standards,
completing a GPO self-study report
- A Slight Reorganization of the Clearinghouse Page for the sake of discussion at our June 28, 1998 meeting by Amy Spare, updated 6/17/98.
- Government Information Discussion Lists (including link to how to search govdoc-l archives) by Ann Roselle, updated 1/15/99.
- coming soon
--depository library's role in its library's organizational structure
- --working with other departments within the library
- --advocating for depository services in your community and in Congress
- --how to access and view various file formats (.pdf, .zip, ...) by Ann Roselle, updated 1/15/99.
Education Committee Working Groups
Resources of use to Government Documents Librarians .... GODORT .... ALA
Top of Page
back to pre-revisions GODORT Education Page
maintained by Amy Spare (email@example.com); last updated 1/27/99