Austronesian Voice Systems: An Eastern Indonesian Perspective
- 2009: The 11th International Conference on Austronesian Linguistics (11·ICAL) (Aussois, France, 22-26 June 2009)
Panel: The Austronesian languages of Nusa Tenggara: Morphological attrition and voice
- Masayoshi Shibatani. Focus constructions without focus morphology in the AN languages of Nusa Tenggara. [pdf]
- Christopher K. Schmidt. The AF/PF contrast in the languages of Western Flores. [pdf]
- Naonori Nagaya. Subject and topic in Lamaholot, Eastern Flores. [pdf]
- I Wayan Arka. Attrition of voice morphology and fronted content questions in the AN langages of Nusa Tenggara. [pdf]
- Fay Wouk. Discourse distribution of clause types in Nusa Tenggara narratives. [pdf]
- Arka, I Wayan. 2009. Extreme analyticity and complexity in argument realisations: Evidence from the Austronesian
languages of Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia. Presented at the 11th International Conference on Austronesian Linguistics, Aussois, France, June 22-26, 2009. [pdf]
- Nagaya, Naonori. To appear. Rise and fall of referentiality: articles in Philippine languages. In Foong Ha Yap and Janick Wrona, eds., Nominalization in Asian Languages: Diachronic and Typological Perspectives. Volume II: Asia-Pacific Languages. Amsterdam/Philadelphia: John Benjamins. [pdf]
- Nagaya, Naonori. 2009. The middle voice in Tagalog. Journal of the Southeast Asian Linguistics Society 1:159-188. [pdf]
- Nagaya, Naonori. 2009. The end of the subject-only constraint: another approach to Tagalog relative clauses. UC Berkeley & UCLA joint conference on Southeast Asian Studies, Languages of Southeast Asia, UCLA, Los Angeles, January 30-February 1, 2009. [abstract]
- Shibatani, Masayoshi. 2009. On the form of complex predicates: toward demystifying serial verbs. In Johannes Helmbrecht, Yoko Nishina, Yong-Min Shin, Stavros Skopeteas, Elisabeth Verhoeven, eds., Form and Function in Language Research: Papers in Honour of Christian Lehmann. Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [TiLSM] 210. Mouton de Gruyter. [pdf]
- Shibatani, Masayoshi. 2009. Elements of complex structures, where recursion isn’t: the case of relativization. In T. Givón and Masayoshi Shibatani, eds., Syntactic Complexity: Diachrony, acquisition, neuro-cognition, evolution, 163-198. Amsterdam and Philadelphia: John Benjamins. [pdf]
- Shibatani, Masayoshi and Khaled Awadh Bin Makhashen. 2009. Nominalization in Soqotri, a South Arabian language of Yemen. In W. Leo Wetzels, ed., The Linguistics of Endangered Languages --- Contributions to Morphology and Morpho-Syntax, 9-30. Leiden: Brill. [pdf]
- Nagaya, Naonori. 2008. Conceptual approach to Tagalog voice phenomena: Beyond ergativity and transitivity. The 10th Philippine Linguistics Congress, University of the Philippines-Diliman, Quezon, December 10-12, 2008.
- Nagaya, Naonori. 2008. Ramahorotto-go no houkou-hyougen [Directional expressions in Lamaholot]. Presented at the 137th meeting of the Linguistic Society of Japan, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, November 29-30, 2008.
- Shibatani, Masayoshi. 2008. Focus constructions without focus morphology. The 82nd Annual Meeting of the Linguistic Society of America, Hilton Chicago, Chicago, January 3-6, 2008. [pdf] [ppt]
- Shibatani, Masayoshi. 2008. Relativization in Sasak and Sumbawa, Eastern Indonesia. Language and Linguistics 9.4:865-916. [pdf]
- Nagaya, Naonori. 2007. Information structure and constituent order in Tagalog. Language and Linguistics 8:343-372. [abstract]
Copyright, 2006-2009. All rights reserved.
Last modified: July 25, 2009.