Phone: (713) 348-4480
C.V. (Updated May 2014)
Religion, Ethics, and Corporate Behavior, with George Kanatas and Gustavo Grullon.
The Real Effects of Short Sales, with Gustavo Grullon and Sebastien Michenaud.
The Effect of Institutional Ownership on Payout Policy: A Regression Discontinuity Design Approach, with Alan Crane and Sebastien Michenaud.
1. Comovement and Investment Banking Networks with Shane Underwood and Gustavo Grullon. Forthcoming at the Journal of Financial Economics.
2. Corporate financing decisions and market timing. With Gustavo Grullon, Alex Butler and Jess Cornaggia. Journal of Financial Economics 101 (September 2011), 666-683.
3. Has the propensity to pay out declined? With Gustavo Grullon, Brad Paye, and Shane Underwood. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 46 (February 2011), 1-24. (Lead Article)
What Drove the Increase in
Idiosyncratic Volatility During the Internet Boom? with
5. Do Investors Value Smooth Performance, with Brian Rountree and George Allayannis, Journal of Financial Economics 90 (December 2008), 237-251.
Can Managers successfully time
the maturity structure of their debt? with
7. Competition on the Nasdaq and the Growth of Electronic Communication Networks, with Jason Fink and Kristin Fink, Journal of Banking and Finance (September 2006) 2537-2559.
Stock Market Liquidity and the
Cost of Issuing Equity, with Alex Butler and
Can Managers Forecast Aggregate
Market Returns? with Alex Butler and
Advertising, Breadth of
Ownership, and Liquidity, with
11. Exchange-Rate Exposure: Financial vs. Operating Strategies, with George Allayannis and Jane Ihrig. American Economic Review (P&P) 91 (2001), 391-398.
12. The Use of Foreign Currency Derivatives and Firm Market Value, with George Allayannis. Review of Financial Studies 14 (Spring 2001)
Competition on the Nasdaq and the Impact of Recent
Market Reforms, Journal of
Small Business Lending and the
Changing Structure of the Banking Industry, with Phillip E. Strahan, Journal of Banking and