James P. Weston
C.V. (Updated October 2017)
Religion, Ethics, and Corporate Behavior, with George Kanatas and Gustavo Grullon.
1. Concentrating on Q and Cash Flow, with Gustavo Grullon and John Hund. Forthcoming in the Journal of Financial Intermediation.
2. Getting Paid to Hedge: Why Dont Investors Pay a Premium to Hedge Downturns? With Nishad Kapadia, Barbara Ostdiek, and Morad Zekhnini. Forthcoming in the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
3. The Real Effects of Short-selling Constraints, with Gustavo Grullon and Sebastien Michenaud. Review of Financial Studies 28 (2016) 1737-1767.
4. Comovement and Investment Banking Networks with Shane Underwood and Gustavo Grullon. Journal of Financial Economics 113 (July 2014), 73-89.
5. Corporate Financing Decisions and Market Timing. With Gustavo Grullon, Alex Butler and Jess Cornaggia. Journal of Financial Economics 101 (September 2011), 666-683.
6. Has the Propensity to Pay Out Declined? With Gustavo Grullon, Brad Paye, and Shane Underwood. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 46 (February 2011), 1-24. (Lead Article)
7. What Drove the
Increase in Idiosyncratic Volatility During the Internet Boom?
8. Do Investors Value Smooth Performance, with Brian Rountree and George Allayannis, Journal of Financial Economics 90 (December 2008), 237-251.
9. Can Managers
successfully time the maturity structure of their debt? with
10. Competition on the Nasdaq and the Growth of Electronic Communication Networks, with Jason Fink and Kristin Fink, Journal of Banking and Finance (September 2006) 2537-2559.
11. Stock Market
Liquidity and the Cost of Issuing Equity, with Alex Butler and
12. Can Managers
Forecast Aggregate Market Returns? with Alex Butler and
13. Advertising, Breadth of Ownership, and Liquidity, with Gustavo Grullon and George Kanatas. Review of Financial Studies 17 (Spring 2004) 439-46.
14. Exchange-Rate Exposure: Financial vs. Operating Strategies, with George Allayannis and Jane Ihrig. American Economic Review (P&P) 91 (2001), 391-398.
15. The Use of Foreign Currency Derivatives and Firm Market Value, with George Allayannis. Review of Financial Studies 14 (Spring 2001)
16. Competition on
the Nasdaq and the Impact of Recent Market Reforms, Journal
17. Small Business
Lending and the Changing Structure of the Banking Industry, with
Phillip E. Strahan, Journal of Banking and