To recieve a B.A. in History at Rice University, students must complete:
- at least 30 semester hours in History (10 courses).
- 18 hours (6 courses) must be upper level courses, i.e. 300 or 400 level
- 6 of the 18 hours must be seminars** (2 courses)
Must complete the following department distributions**:
- One course in Ancient-Medieval History
- Two courses in Modern European History
- Two courses in United States History
- Two courses in Asian, Latin American, or African History
** The History Department has a list of courses that fulfill these requirements.
- Must complete at least 60 semester hours outside the department, in accordance with Rice University's general distribution requirements.
Back to RUHMS Menu Page