NOTE: since the creation of the
Society, this website will not continue to be updated. For information
on internships, graduate school opportunities, and other Kinesiology
resources, please see the Resources
page on the Kinesiology Department's
KINESIOLOGY MAJORS CLUB was founded to promote
educational awareness and career opportunities for kinesiology
More details coming soon!
The Kinesiology Majors Club at Rice
- The name of this organization is "The Kinesiology Majors Club"
- The purpose of this organization shall be as follows:
- Provide a support network Kinesiology majors at Rice.
- Provide awareness of the Kinesiology major at Rice
- Provide information about occupational pursuits in the field
- Establish a link between professionals and current
Kinesiology students at Rice.
- Members of this organization shall be as follows:
- Regular members: All students at Rice and their sponsors are
eligible. At least one-half of the members must be members of
the Rice community. The principle offers of each organization
must be currently registered students at Rice University.
- Honorary members: All other persons interested in joining
the club (i.e. faculty members, alumni, students at other
universities, etc.) are eligible.
- All decisions will be voted on by the regular members.
order to make or pass a decision, 51% of the organization's
regular members present must vote in the affirmative.
- The executive committee will consist of the following:
- The President (and/or Co-President)
- Shall oversee all the meetings and activities, make sure
that the organizations is abiding by the rules and regulations
set forth by the Student Association of Rice University.
- In the case that a representative is needed, the President
(and/or co-President) will represent the organization on it
behalf except in the case where another member has been
assigned by a vote according to the measure described in
- The Secretary
Shall be responsible for documenting all
association paperwork and for distribution of the minutes from
all the meetings.
- The Treasurer
Shall maintain a correct balance of the
organization's funds, shall keep track of the checkbook of the
organization, and who shall regularly make available a written
breakdown of the income and expenses of the organization.
- The presence of all other members of the executive committee
is mandatory for all regular meetings.
- When necessary, special tasks can be assigned to members by
vote according to the measures described in article IV, such as
- All money spent shall be discussed between executive committee
members and faculty sponsor. The authority to sign checks shall be
given to members of the executive committee, and two signatures
shall be required for each check.
- Amendments to the organization's constitution can only be made
by a vote according to the measure described in article IV.
Site and graphic design by StudioNet
Webmaster Michelle Bost