· Invited Speaker at the XVIII Mendeleev Congress on Pure and Applied Chemistry, September 24-28, Moscow, Russia. Chemical Functionalization, Properties and Applications of Carbon Nanostructures, V. N. Khabashesku.
· Invited Speaker at 234th ACS National Meeting, August 19-24, Boston, MA. Fluorinated Carbon Nanostructures: Synthesis, Characterization and Application, V. N. Khabashesku.
· Invited Talk at the 62nd Southwest Regional ACS Meeting, October 19-22, 2006, Houston, TX Carbon “Nano-Onions: Fluorination, Characterization and Tribology Studies”, Valery N. Khabashesku, Yu Liu, Randy L.Vander Wal, Kazuhisa Miyoshi, Kenneth W. Street
· Oral presentation at the Annual AFRL/Minority Leaders Program Review in Dayton, Ohio, WPAFB, September 20, 2006. “Purification and Functionalization of Carbon Nanotubes for Epoxy Composite Applications”, Valery N. Khabashesku.
Lecture “Functionalization of Carbon Nanotubes Tailored for Epoxy Polymer Composites”
· , Valery Khabashesku, at the AFRL/Minorirty Leaders Workshop on Nanocomposites, Rice University, February 22-23, 2006.
Functionalized Fullerene Materials: Synthesis, Characterization and Appplications. Invited lecture at Fullerene Meeting. Institute of Molecular Science, Okazaki, Japan, Nov.7-8, 2005.
· Surface Functionalization and Characterization of Carbon Nanotubes and Related Carbon Nanostructures. Nanotube Reinforced Polymer Composites.
Invited lectures at Toray company, Matsuyama, Ehime, Japan, Nov. 4, 2005.
29th International Fluorine Conference, Toyama, Japan, Nov.1-3, 2005.Fluorination of Carbon Nanomaterials: Single-walled Carbon Nanotubes, Polyfullerenes, Nanodiamonds, and Nano-onions. Invited lecture at
· Synthesis, Properties and Applications of Carbon Nanomaterials. Invited Lecture at the Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Sept. 23, 2005.
· Chemistry of Carbon Nanomaterials. Carbon Nitride and Other Heterocarbon Nanostructures. Nanocomposites. Teaching The Nanotechnology workshop at MonterreyTech, Monterrey, Mexico, July 13, 2005.
· Functionalization Chemistry of Carbon Nanotubes for Nanocomposites Applications. Invited Speaker at Nanocomposites Panel at SAMPE Conference, San Diego, CA, Nov. 18, 2004.
· Functionalized Carbon Nanotubes and Nanodiamonds for Engineering and Bio-Medical Applications, Diamond-2004, Riva del Garda, Italy, Sept.12-17, 2004
· Functionalization of carbon nanostructures for bio-medical applications, Invited Speaker at the International Meeting “Extension of Life Span”, Hamburg, Germany, Sept. 24-26, 2003.
· Novel chemistry of carbon, Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, September 2003.
· Functionalized carbon nanoscale molecules as precursors for new materials, Institute of High Pressure Physics, Troitsk, Russia, September 2003.
· Functionalization and applications of carbon nanomaterials, Invited Lecture at the Nanotechnology Workshop, Lisbon, Portugal, April 14, 2003.
· Carbon nitride and diamond-like materials, Institute of High Pressure Physics, Troitsk, Russia, June 2002.
· Reactive hetero-olefines and carbon nanomaterials: synthesis, characterization and applications, ChevronPhillips Chemical Company, Houston, TX, September 2002.
· From transient molecules to materials. Department of Chemistry and Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology, Rice University, Houston, October 2000. Host: Professor J. L. Margrave.
· AkzoNobel, Houston, TX, March 1999.
· Invited lecture at Sixth International Conference on Chemistry of Carbenes and Related Intermediates, May 28-30, 1998, St. Petersburg, Russia. Conference Chairman: Academician O. M. Nefedov.
· Plenary lecture at XVIth Mendeleev Congress on Pure and Applied Chemistry, May 24-29, 1998, St. Petersburg, Russia. Congress Chairman: Academician O. M. Nefedov.
· Invited lecture at 2nd International Conference on Low Temperature Chemistry. August 4-9, 1996, Kansas City.Conference Chairman: Professor J. Durig.
· Invited lecture at International Conference on Low-Temperature Chemistry, September 5-9,1994, Conference Chairman: Professor G. B. Sergeev
· Invited lecture at International Gordon Conference on Chemistry and Physics of Matrix-Isolated Species. July 7-11,1991, Plymouth, NH. Conference Chairman: Professor V. Bondebey.
· Department of Chemistry, Rice University, Houston, January 1991. Host: Professor J. L. Margrave.
· Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, UCLA, Los Angeles, January 1991. Host: Professor O.Chapman.
· Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, January 1991. Host: Professor H. Frei.
· Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Texas, Austin, April 1991. Host: Professor A. Cowley.
· Invited lecture at the U.S.S.R. Symposium on Structure and Reactivity of Organosilicon Compounds, September 1989, Irkutsk. Symposium Chairman: Professor M. G. Voronkov.
· Invited lecture at the7th International Symposium on Organosilicon Chemistry, June 8-12, 1987, St. Louis, MO. Symposium Chairman: Professor P. Gaspar.