Honors, Prizes and Awards
· Science Direct TOP 25 Hottest Article:
Diamond and Related Materials, 2005, Vol. 14, Issue 3-7, Pages 859-866. Khabashesku, V.N.; Margrave, J.L; Barrera, E.V.
· ESI Most Cited Papers in the field (top 1%) – for articles in Nano Letters and Acc.Chem. Res., 2005
· ISI Fast Breaking Paper – most cited paper in Chemistry - for review article published in Accounts of Chemical Research, Feb. 2004.
· Marquis Who’s Who in America, Biography included in 2004 - 2008 issues.
· R&D Magazine 100 Award for “Fluoronanotubes” - as a member of development team, 2003
· State Prize of Russia Laureate (the highest nation’s civilian honor, formerly Lenin Prize) in Science and Engineering.
Awarded by President of Russia, 2003.
· US National Academy of Science Visiting Scientist and Lecturer scholarship, 1990-1991.
· Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry - Senior Researcher of the Year Award, 1988.
· Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry - First Prize for the best Senior Investigator research work of the year, 1987.
· Medal of the Academy of Sciences of the U.S.S.R. for the best work in chemistry, physical chemistry, chemical physics and chemical technology, 1983.
· Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry - First Prize for the best research work of the year at the contest of Young Investigators, 1976.
· Mendeleev Chemical Society of the USSR - First Prize for the best work of Young Investigator, 1976.
· Honor’s / Summa Cum Laude Diploma (M.Sc.) in Chemistry from Moscow State University, 1973.