Jane Chance's Books
This page has been accessed times since Dec. 23, 1997.Return to Jane Chance's Home Page
- The Literary Subversions of Medieval Women (contracted Palgrave/Macmillan Ltd., for the “New Middle Ages” series, due Dec. 2005) (in progress)
- Medieval Mythography: The Italian Renaissance, AD 1350-1478 (vol. 3 of Medieval Mythography) (contracted UPF) (in progress)
- Tolkien’s Art: A Mythology for England, revised and reprinted edition. Translated into Japanese. Tokyo, Japan: forthcoming, Hayakawa Shobo).
- Co-ed. with Alfred Siewers, Tolkien's Modern Middle Ages, contracted for the New Middle Ages Series (London: Palgrave Macmillan, forthcoming).
- Ed. Women Medievalists in the Academy, forthcoming, University of Wisconsin Press, 2004-5.
J. R. R. Tolkien and the Invention of Myth: A Reader (Lexington: University Press of Kentucky, 2004).
Tolkien the Medievalist , Routledge Studies in Medieval Culture and Religion, no. 3 (London: Routledge Ltd., 2002; New York: Routledge, 2003)
- Tolkien's Art: A `Mythology for England' (University Press of Kentucky, 2001)
- The Lord of the Rings: The Mythology of Power, revised edition (in press, University Press of Kentucky, 2001)
- Medieval Mythography, vol. 2: From the School of Chartres to the Court at Avignon, 1177-1350(Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 2000).
- Ed., The Assembly of Gods (Medieval Institute Publications/Western Michigan University, 1999)
- Ed.Medieval Mythography: From Roman North Africa to the School of Chartres
(University Press of Florida, 1994), Winner 1994 South Central Modern Language Association Book Award
- The Lord of the Rings: The Mythology of Power (Macmillan Inc., 1992)
- Ed. The Mythographic Art: Classical Fable and the Rise of the
Vernacular in Late Medieval France and England (University of Florida Press, 1992)
- Ed. The Inklings and Others, Studies in Medievalism (Boydell and Brewer, 1991)
- Trans. Christine de Pizan's Letter of Othea to Hector (Library of Medieval Women, Focus Press, 1989)
- Ed. Approaches to Teaching "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight", with Miriam Miller
(Modern Language Association of America, 1986; rpt. 1988; 1991)
- Woman as Hero in Old English Literature (Syracuse University Press, 1986)
- Tolkien's Art: A `Mythology for England' (Macmillan Ltd., 1979; rpt. St. Martin's Press, pb. 1980)
- Ed. Mapping the Cosmos, with Ronny Wells (Rice University Press, 1985)
- Ed. Medievalism in the Twentieth Century, Studies in Medievalism
(1982; rpt. Boydell and Brewer, 1991)
- The Genius Figure in Antiquity and the Middle Ages (Columbia University Press, 1975)