1. Download the apk file of Chameleon and install it on your Android phone. The application name should be Fennec.
To use Chameleon immediately:
2. User Fennec to browser web pages. For each website, select MENU->SITE OPTIONS->COLOR SCHEMES to choose a built-in color scheme for the website.
To use full functions of Chameleon:
2. Use Chameleon to build a device-specific display power model. Unplug AC charger. Select MENU-> PREFERENCES->CHAMELEON->MODEL. Fennec then builds the power model of your mobile device automatically. The whole process takes about one hour.
3. Use Fennec to browse web pages. Fennec will collect color statistics of each web sites (up to 20) in your favorite bookmark automatically.
4. Upload power model and color statistics to our server. Select MENU->PREFERENCES->CHAMELEON ->UPLOAD and fill your email address. Fennec then uploads the power model and color statistics to our server and starts a process to calculate several color maps for each of your favorate web sites with different perceptual appearance.
5. Download color maps. When our server finishes calculation, it will send you a notification email. Then you can select MENU->PREFERENCES->CHAMELEON ->DOWNLOAD to download all the color maps to your mobile device.
6. Select color maps. In favorite bookmark page, you can choose a color map for each of the favorite web site.